Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Bhoginator is on a distinguished road
Default Aim Down Sight, Crosshair, Or Both?

What is everyones speculation on what it will be? I think it will be Aim down sight AND crosshair, since that is what most FPS's do nowadays...its also what I would prefer. I hate not being able to aim down the sight :P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Guyver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Guyver
Default Re: Aim down sight, Crosshair, or Both?

I don't get it.
Old 27-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

InsaneRussian is on a distinguished road

What does "Aiming down sight" means? Plus all games have crosshari, all i played. Dont think that CoD had it, was long time ago since i played that. Anyhow whats "Aiming down sight"?
Old 27-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Training Grounds

patbophat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to patbophat Send a message via MSN to patbophat

What I believe he means, is to be able to move the crosshair downward or in any direction on the screen? But there would be no point to that because its a FPS - First Person Shooter. maybe im wrong and he means to be able to aim up or down instead of free aiming. because alot of games (old ones) only allow you to look horizontally.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Oniji is on a distinguished road

I believe what he means is looking down your gun's Iron Sights. As such.
Old 27-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

lol yeah sry guys...thats what I meant, like in COD 2...where you aim down the actual sight of the weapon. Thats what I prefer, greater accuracy, and more realistic.
Old 28-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Oniji is on a distinguished road

I would guess that some weapons will have Iron Sights and some weapons will have secondary functions.
Old 28-06-2007, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Well i can tell you one thing, "Aim Down Sight" is not waht you think, somebody said that you aim and the bullet hits there where the Iron Sight is pointed, but to think about it the difference between the iron sight and the actual hole from which bullet comes, is only few centimeters (1-3cm) so if you aim for the head it will enter the head. Plus Iron sight does serve as Crosshair to me.
Old 28-06-2007, 04:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

I'd be fine either way. It would be cool to aim down the sights just for some added realism thought
Old 28-06-2007, 04:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well i doubt there will be any´"Aiming Down Sight"` cause all the gameplay movies i've seen had a crosshair =) Plus all the weapons in game kinda hit like they hit, aim or not (except sniper rifles). So i bet there will be only crosshairs.
Old 28-06-2007, 05:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

yeah I haven't seen anything that would show them looking down the sights. And no other games with gameplay like that have aiming down the sights so I'd assume they wouldn't.

As long as they have some way of taking aim I'm fine. It would be nice if you you could go prone too. You can crouch in UT but you can't go prone which I like to do when I'm trying to be all tactical lol. we'll see i guess
Old 28-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

I've always loved iron sights, Hooray for the M1 Garand! But with Huxley a more futuristic approach like HUD with crosshair and other stuff either with lenses or in helmet makes more sense.
Old 28-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default Re: Aim Down Sight, Crosshair, Or Both?

yeah, thats a good point. But you see more and more of, especially in Sci Fi shooters, is all weapons have a scope, even if its x2...but I think I still prefer aim down the sight.
Old 13-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Training Grounds

DregonJustice is on a distinguished road

Personally I probably couldn't play the game that long unless it was gripping beyond all reason if I coulnd't "aim down sight" ... also called "fine aim". It looks interesting enough to try but the vids that I have bumped into show no "fine aim" thus far, which kind of broke my heart. Accuracy is usually quite innacurate while firing from the hip, and games that have a "fire from the hip" mode only is kind of a big turn off for me, simply for the sake of innacurate portrayal of accuracy based on gun location lol. It would remind me too much of any random FPS played online. After playing COD4 I am unable to play without my fine aim haha. Not that I can't, it just feels ridiculous. Fine aim has its quirks, I mean I've been outsniped by guys with m60's and other guns that seemingly have no recoil and no bobing due to breathing durring fine aim... which is stupid beyond all reason... I'd almost rather have no fine aim than suffer the consequences of recoil and depth of breathe while sniping while others who do not have sniper rifles suffer no penalty while fine aimed. O_o... though I would prefer an accurate "fine aim" mechanic more than anything ^^ haha.
Old 13-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

I've seen videos of some different guns that you can zoom in a little bit, not always with a scope but just take aim a little better. It looked like you walk a little slower while you do it as well.

So to some degree you'll be able to take aim with certain guns. I don't think I've seen any screenshots or video of someone looking down iron sights though.
Old 15-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Tons is on a distinguished road

aiming down the sights is great in 1 player games, but fails in multi-player.

if the game makes it so you need to aim down the sights to be accurate then the game turns into a camper / sniper playground and people who like to run and gun just die constantly.

its because aiming down the sights takes a second, and during that second a camper has already killed you because they were camped out waiting and already aiming down the sights.

the 1 second delay it takes for the game to bring the gun up and aim down the sights means you always lose.

camper games are boring and suck, no thank you.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Argol228 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons View Post
That made me laugh hard, so I guess COD4,5 R6:Vegas1,2 and GOW1,2 are fail under that statment
Old 16-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Training Grounds

ArtikSniper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons View Post

if the game makes it so you need to aim down the sights to be accurate then the game turns into a camper / sniper playground and people who like to run and gun just die constantly.

its because aiming down the sights takes a second, and during that second a camper has already killed you because they were camped out waiting and already aiming down the sights.

the 1 second delay it takes for the game to bring the gun up and aim down the sights means you always lose.

camper games are boring and suck, no thank you.
Haven't ya played CoD4? I have field sniping orientations, what means I run across the screen carrying a heavy sniper riffle and seting myself into very varied spots all across the map and I never stay more than 2 minutes in the same place... That's what makes the difference between a camper and a sniper.

Snipers are determined to their mouse, their reflexes and their ability to calculate distances since looking thorugh the scope.

What I would ask is NOT to have a distance meter such as in Halo, what actually made sniping a kid's task. No more eye distance calculations, no more bullet-travel delay calculations... that sucked.

Games work properly if everyone does the task that's been assigned for em. You know, snipers stay in the rear lines and try to destroy the enemy's formation, mortars stay just in front of snipers firing heavy rockets, and assault troops stay in frontlines to save destroy enemy lines and grant access to the enemy's sniping and heavy gunning lines.

If that scheme is followed, no FPS game is a camper game or a bullshit like that. But people need to organise.
Old 15-07-2009, 06:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

But in games like Huxley, a camper will see an enemy fly by their screen, maybe get a shot off (but not even come close to killing them) and then get blown up by a missile
Old 15-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Blazen Ace is on a distinguished road

Twitch shooter. Moving fast, lots of jumps, strafe wars, and snap shots.

You can iron sight, but definitely not recommended in twitch shooters. Obviously sniper rifles need to 'scope.'

Its not being billed as a realistic shooter, a strategy shooter, a covert shooter, or anything else that could reasonably imply that the gameplay will be anything like these genres.